Europe Cell Phone Rental vs. Buying a European Cell Phone
Visiting Europe and having trouble deciding between a Europe cell phone rental
and buying a European cell phone? What works for one person will not always work
for another, so taking time to weigh the differences between the two is an
important decision to make before leaving for your trip.
Europe Cell Phone Rental
A European Cell Phone Rental plan is most effective for people who will be only
visiting once or visiting for a short while. The benefits include:
• Paying only for what you use, charged daily for the duration of your trip. You
won't be charged for the days you are not using it.
• No costly equipment to buy.
• No additional phone to maintain or keep up with.
• Get a new phone each time you visit with no need to worry about upgrade.
• Discounts if two phones are needed.
Buying a European Cell Phone
Purchasing your own Europe cell phone is a viable option for those who will
either be visiting for a longer period of time or who will be visiting
frequently. The benefits include:
• Saving money on rental fees, when used enough to make renting more expensive.
• Keeping the same number each time you visit.
• Knowing how to use the service, as each rental may provide a different phone.
• Having the phone ready to travel with you whenever the need arises.
• Many different phones available to choose from, for different budgets.
Deciding Between the Two
In most cases, a mobile phone rental is the way to go. The phone can be
protected by insurance, is guaranteed to be a late model option, and allows you
to pay for only what you use. Many people who choose to stay in Europe for a
long period of time still opt for the rental because it is more cost effective
than using their American phones or opting to carry both an American and
European phone. Whether you rent or buy, you will be able to have a local number
to the country you're staying in, and you will have the option to use the phone
in multiple countries. If you find that you will be in Europe and using the
rental long and frequently enough to make it cheaper for you to buy the phone,
then this is where it may be smarter to purchase the phone rather than rent it.
Regardless of whether you choose to rent or buy your European phone, Cello
Mobile has options to help. If you are visiting one country or several,
traveling for business or vacation, renting or buying, we can help you choose
the best travel cell phone for you needs.